Oh hello explorersaurs! I loove a good recipe and absolutely had to share this one today. These are the vegan triple chocolate cookies. They are divineee. I recently shared a recipe (before going fully vegan) on triple chocolate cookies – they are also really damn tasty, but I needed to find a good vegan alternative to one of my favourite snacks. I can just see these all sat out on the lead up to Christmas – it gives me emotions! You’d never know these cookies are vegan and you really don’t need many ingredients or equipment at all – just some old fashioned elbow grease and about 15 minutes!
I completely urge you to try these out, you will not regret it!! Let’s get into it!
You will need:
- 110g butter – I use vitalite vegan spread in basically all of my baking!
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 55g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A sprinkle of salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan milk (I used soya in these)
- 100g vegan white chocolate bar – I used Sainsbury’s own
- 50g (ish!) of vegan or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180° and line two baking trays with baking paper – I’ve just ordered these reusable ones because I can feel the baking addiction rising again, how cool! Much better for the environment and overall, a bunch cheaper!
- Cream the butter, vanilla essence, and both brown and caster sugar together with a spoon.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to your bowl.
- Mix together – I started with a spoon and then dug in with my hands to make sure everything was fully incorporated. This will be a little too crumbly at this stage, ready to add the milk.
- Add your vegan milk and continue to mix everything together by hand, until you have a firm, slightly crumbly dough.
- Add your chocolate chunks. I poured in the chips and then broke off big chunks of my vegan white chocolate so they’d melt in massive slabs on the cookies – how tasty!
- Next, roll into balls, you can choose to make big ones like I did or split the balls into halves to get even more little cookies – we just change the oven time by a couple of minutes if they’re smaller. Personally I like a big ole thing and made 8 balls out of my mixture. I made sure to have a slab of white chocolate on the top too! (The ball like shape bakes them down into a cookie without too much spreading, it is perfect!)
- Put the balls evenly on your baking trays – whilst they don’t spread too much whilst baking it’s always a good idea to leave a decent space between them.
- Bake for 10 minutes for smaller cookies (if you made 10 or more balls out of your dough.) For chunky cookies like me, bake for 12 minutes. When they come out they do look a little too soft, but they’ll be perfect once they cool! Don’t over bake!
- Leave to cool and dig in! (You can scoop a cookie straight into a bowl and add some ice cream if you want a cookie dough-like treat too!) They will last for around 5 days if kept in an airtight container.
Let me know if you make these!! Until next time xxx