Hello beauties! Before turning vegan, brownies were just MY THING. I had the best recipe and they would just be perfect every single time. I’ve been learning how to make vegan brownies for a while, trialling different recipes and options. Whilst they were no where near enough easy to get right, I now have the perfect, delicious fudge-fest of a recipe that I know you’re going to love! I think these are even better than my standard brownies were before, and they’re a hell of a lot kinder!
Here is what you will need:
- 30g cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
- 140g plain flour (1 cup)
- 200g caster sugar (1 cup)
- 80ml vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g dairy free melted chocolate – I use Bourneville dark chocolate. (1/2 cup) (Dark is good here as it adds all the delicious chocolate flavour!)
- 240ml plant milk – I usually use soya or oat, but any will do! (1 cup)
- 100g vegan chocolate chips; optional (1/2 cup)
- Oven to 180°C – 160°C on a fan oven.
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix together all your dry ingredients – cocoa powder, flour and caster sugar.
- Add all your wet ingredients – oil, vanilla, melted chocolate and plant milk.
- Mix until fully combined and add your chocolate chips; if you’ve chosen to add them.
- Pour batter into your baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, when a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
And there you have it! Super simple and sooo worth every second; even if it doesn’t take too many of them to make haha! You can chill these brownies in the fridge for a couple of hours to make them even more fudgy too. They’re also delicious with a side of ice cream or if you drizzle a little caramel on top. I hope you get food sexy time (not in a weird way) out of my delicious fudge-fest recipe!