Hey Explorersaurs! Today I’m sharing a recipe for a vegan Frappuccino dupe – DE-lish! I’ve made mine caramel flavoured, but there are tons of different flavour combinations you can try to suit your tastes. I was challenged by Ciao Gusto to create a Summer staple recipe. Since going Vegan, something I’ve been missing hugely is a solid caramel Frappuccino. Whilst I’m still working away from home in the sunshine, I feel like this sort of drink adds such a treat to the day and provides an optional (always a yes from me!) coffee boost.
You will need:
(This recipe makes 2 cups.)
- Valsoia coconut almond blend – 1 cup
- Strong blend coffee – 1 cup
- Ice – 1 and a half cups
- Big splash of caramel syrup – approx 3 tablespoons
- Optional – vegan whipped cream to top
- Optional – Caramel syrup to top (heck, add on some dusted chocolate and go to town!)
Valsoia plant milk is available on Ocado in a buy 2 get 25% off deal this June & July. The coconut almond blend is the creamiest I’ve tried – perfect for a summer creamy drink!
- Brew your coffee and set aside to cool. If you use enough ice you don’t really have to wait long for it to cool, but it will make the texture a little less thick and milkshakey. Up to your preference!
- In a blender or nutri-bullet, add your ice, coffee, plant milk and caramel syrup. Whizz up until fully blended (about 45 seconds) and pour – voila!
- If you don’t have a blender or would prefer this over ice, mix up your coffee, milk and syrup and pour over ice. Stir well!
- To finish, you can spray from vegan squirty cream and top with more syrup.
A word from the sponsor:
Picking up all your favourite authentic Italian food and drink has never been easier with the Ciao Gusto Italian Deli at Ocado.
For the first time, a simple tab brings together over 30 of Italy’s most popular brands, so you can find exactly what you’re looking for – and discover new and exciting ingredients – in just one click. You’ll be familiar with many products, such as Riso Gallo, Filippo Berio, Giovanni Rana and Cirio who are joined by products less well known in the UK such as Valsoia dairy free ice cream, Auricchio cheeses and Negroni charcuterie – everything you’ll find at the Ciao Gusto Italian Deli has been specially selected for its reputation as an authentic Italian favourite.
This is a collaborative post*