Today’s recipe is an absolute BANGER, if I do say so myself. I’m going to talk you through my Vegan Whoopie Cookie Recipe – and they are so bloody worth every second it takes to make. (Which actually doesn’t amount to many seconds.. Quick and delicious – win!) Honestly I just want to eat more and more at this stage, this is absolutely my new obsession. (And my boyfriend is very happy about that!)
Whilst you’re here, if you’re looking for your food fix you can check out my food YouTube playlist – where I try recipes around the world and lots of Vegan goodness!!
You will need:
- 110g vegan butter (I use Vitalite)
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 55g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vegan milk
- 100g vegan white chocolate – buttons or a broken up bar will do
For the filling:
- 400g Icing sugar
- 180g Vegan butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat the over to 180° and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter, vanilla essence, and both brown and caster sugar together with a spoon.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda to your bowl.
- Mix together – I started with a spoon and then dug in with my hands to make sure everything was fully incorporated. This will be a little too crumbly at this stage, ready to add the milk.
- Add your vegan milk and continue to mix everything together by hand, until you have a firm, slightly crumbly dough.
- You can either add your chocolate chunks now or on top when they’re rolled into balls. Tasty AF both ways, but the chocolate can burn a little if they’re right on top, so I recommend adding the chocolate to the mixture here.
- Next, roll into small balls. You should have around 12-14 from this mixture. As we are adding halves to each other it’s good to have an even number here. You can make them slightly bigger if that suits your preference better too!
- Place the balls evenly on your baking trays – whilst they don’t spread too much whilst baking it’s always a good idea to leave a decent space between them.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. When they come out they do look a little too soft, but they’ll be perfect once they cool! (Be careful not to overbake.)
- Whilst they cool mix together all the ingredients for your icing. When completely cooled, ice (piping or slapping on with a knife works fine) a big juice layer of buttercream on the bottom of one cookie. Add the bottom of another cookie like an oreo and lightly squish together.
- These will last in an airtight container for approximately 5 days. You’re gunna love them!!
If you’re a baking lover you should check out my Ultimate Vegan Vanilla Cupcake recipe, or try your hand at these stunning Fudgey Vegan Brownies. I hope you enjoyed this Vegan Whoopie Cookie Recipe – keep an eye on the baking section here at Explorersaur for updated Vegan goodies all the time!!